Pursuant to sections 4(1) and 8(1) of the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977, the National Rural Fire Authority hereby makes the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District Constitution and Administration Notice 2012.
(2) This notice will come into force on 1 July 2012.
2. Constitution of Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District Notice-The areas set out in the Schedule to this notice are hereby constituted and declared to be a rural fire district to be known as the Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District.
3. Constitution of the Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District Committee-The Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District Committee is hereby constituted as a rural fire committee.
4. Administration of the Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District-(1) For the purposes of the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977, the Marlborough-Kaikoura Rural Fire District shall be administered by the Wairau Rural
Fire District Committee.
(2) The committee shall consist of a number of members as follows:
(a) One person appointed, in writing, by the Marlborough Forest Industries Association Executive;
(b) one person appointed, in writing, by the Marlborough Branch of Federated Farmers of
(c) one person appointed, in writing, by the
New Zealand Fire Service National Commander;
(d) one person appointed, in writing, by the Kaikoura District Council Chief Executive;
(e) one person appointed, in writing, by the Marlborough District Council Chief Executive;
(f) one person appointed, in writing, by the Department of Conservation Director-General; and
(g) one person appointed by the committee as an independent member with recognised governance experience. The independent member will have
the same rights as other members of the
committee. The term of appointment will be in accordance with the Forest and Rural Fires Regulations 2005.
(3) In the event that any appointment to be made under 4(2)(a) or 4(2)(b) is not carried out within three months of the date by which the appointment should be made, the National Rural Fire Officer may appoint to the committee some fit person(s) who shall represent the interest of the organisations described in 4(2)(a) and 4(2)(b).
All those parcels of land above the mean low water mark, as shown on SO 6824 labelled "Marlborough District" and SO 6823 labelled "Kaikoura District", lodged in the office of the Chief Surveyor, Wellington, but excluding all "fire districts" as defined in section 2 of the Fire Service Act 1975 (for ease of reference that land is also shown on plans numbered NRFA 0711 deposited in the Corporate Office of the New Zealand Fire Service at Wellington).
Dated at Wellington the 19th day of December 2011.