Pursuant to sections 4(1) and 8(1) of the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977, the National Rural Fire Authority hereby makes the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the West Coast Rural Fire District Amendment Notice 1997, Amendment No. 1 and shall be read with
and deemed part of the notice constituting the West Coast Rural Fire District Notice 1997 dated the 31st day of October 1997* (hereinafter referred to as the principal notice).
(2) This notice comes into force 28 days after publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Amendment of Rural Fire District Notice-The principal notice is hereby amended by:
(1) Revoking clause 3 of the notice and substituting with
the following clause:
"The committee shall consist of six members as follows:
(a) One person appointed by the Buller District Council, in writing, signed on behalf of the council by the chief executive thereof; and
(b) one person appointed by the Grey District Council, in writing, signed on behalf of the council by the chief executive officer thereof; and
(c) one person appointed by the Westland District Council, in writing, signed on behalf of
the council by the chief executive officer thereof; and
(d) one person appointed by Crown Forestry (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry), in writing, signed on behalf of Crown Forestry by the general manager thereof; and
(e) one person appointed, in writing, by the Director-General of the Department of Conservation; and
(f) one person appointed, in writing, by the Chief Executive of the New Zealand Fire Service."
(2) This clause shall be read together with and be deemed to be part of the principal notice.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of January 2011.
M. J. DUDFIELD, National Rural Fire Officer.
*New Zealand Gazette, 6 November 1997, No. 158, page 3721