Pursuant to section 97 of the Veterinarians Act 2005, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand ("council") sets out in this notice the fees to be charged.
This notice replaces the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Amendment Notice 2010 (published in the New Zealand Gazette, 17 December 2009, No. 188, page 4534).1
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement (1) This notice may be cited as the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Amendment Notice 2010 (No. 1) and shall come into force on 1 March 2010.
(2) This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
2. Fees The council sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the Schedule below.
3. Tax The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Rebate The council retains the right to rebate the annual practising certificate fee by a specified amount for early payment by a specified date.
Fees Payable2 $
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FEES
For New Zealand qualified applicants 307.00
For applicants applying under the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 307.00
For overseas applicants holding prescribed qualifications 337.00
For applicants with non prescribed qualifications applying for registration in a limited scope of practice under section 14 of the Veterinarians Act 2005 743.00
For applicants for specialist registration 1,400.00
PRACTISING CERTIFICATE FEES
Annual practising certificate application fee for:3
- Full year 320.00
- July-September 296.00
- October-December 216.00
- January-March 136.00
VETERINARY REGISTRATION EXAMINATION FEES
For an assessment of eligibility to sit the Veterinary Registration Examination and subsequent application for registration following successful completion of the examination process
Preliminary examination (Part I) (per attempt) 1,000.00
Written and oral/clinical examinations (per attempt) 5,000.00
Supplementary examination (per attempt, per supplementary examination) 500.00
Annual Register maintenance fee for non-practising veterinarians 56.25
Supply of registration certificates (or copies) or letters of good standing or any other certificate or letter signed by the Registrar 30.00
Dated this 3rd day of February 2010.
JANET EDEN, Registrar, Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
1An analysis of the costs of processing registration applications and supplying registration documentation and letters of good standing has been undertaken and increases are required to ensure cost recovery.
2Fees are calculated on a cost recovery basis.
3See also "Rebate" reference above.