Pursuant to sections 4, 62, 65, 142 and 143 of the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title-This notice is the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (Fees) Notice 2010.
2. Commencement-This notice comes into force on 1 August 2010.
3. Fees-The Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board ("the board") sets the following fees, payable to the board, specified in the attached Schedule.
4. Tax-The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Fees Payable to the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board
A. Registration Fees1 $
(1) Fees to accompany applications for registration:
Registration as a licensed plumber 500.00
Registration as a certifying plumber 500.00
Registration as a licensed gasfitter 500.00
Registration as a certifying gasfitter 500.00
Registration as a licensed drainlayer 500.00
Registration as a certifying drainlayer 500.00
Fee for the issue of a certificate of registration 50.00
Fee for an addition or alteration to the Register 50.00
Fee for the restoration of a person’s name to the Register 85.00
Assessment of application from person under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 ("TTMRA") 85.00
Assessment for registration from overseas applicant other than under TTMRA 400.00
Practical Test of Workmanship for registration 3,200.00
(2) Registration fees are not refundable if an application is declined.
B. Licence and Notification Fees $
(4) Fees for issue of an annual licence, except when the licence fee is included in a registration fee under A(1):
Licensed plumber 100.00
Certifying plumber 100.00
Licensed gasfitter 100.00
Certifying gasfitter 100.00
Licensed drainlayer 100.00
Certifying drainlayer 100.00
Fee for issue of provisional licence 100.00
Fee for issue or renewal of limited certificate for each trade for a trainee NIL
Fee for application for an exemption (fixing of water heaters by gasfitters) NIL
Fee for application for an exemption (installing and maintaining particular sanitary plumbing equipment) 100.00
Fee for application for an exemption (person authorised to carry out or supervise gasfitting) 100.00
Fee for notification of an exemption for plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying under supervision under sections
19, 21 and 25 100.00
Fee for an employer licence or renewal of an employer licence 500.00
(5) Fees for notification of exemption holders under supervision are payable by the certifying gasfitter, plumber
or drainlayer supervising that person.
C. Disciplinary Levy $
(6) Disciplinary levy for each licensed plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer in 12-month period (one payment per person per year irrespective of the number of licences held by an individual) 266.00
(7) A disciplinary levy is collected when the licensed person uplifts a licence or licences.
D. Examination Fees $
(8) Examination fee for examinations 9192, 9193, 9194, 9195, 9196 and 9197 for each examination 300.00
(9) Fee for reconsideration of an examination paper 100.00
E. Re-audit Fees 135.00
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of June 2010.
KERN U’REN, Registrar, Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board.
1Each registration fee includes the relevant licence fee for the first year the registered person would be licensed, and includes the fee for the issue of a certificate of registration.