Pursuant to sections 130-133 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement (1) This notice may be cited as the Psychologists (Fees) Notice 2010.
(2) This notice comes into force on 15 February 2010 and applies to fees and levies for the year from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.
2. Fee The Psychologists Board sets the following fees, payable to the board, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Revocation This notice revokes all previous Psychologist (Fees) Notices.
5. No refund Fees are not refundable when an application is declined.
Fees Payable $
Application for registration by a practitioner trained in New Zealand 432.00
Application for registration under the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 432.00
Application for registration by a practitioner trained overseas 748.00
Application for non-binding assessment of qualifications for registration 100.00
Application by a registered psychologist for a current practising certificate1 400.00
Application by a registered psychologist applying prior to 1 April for a practising certificate for the subsequent financial year2 400.00
Application by a registered psychologist who held a practising certificate in the previous financial year, who has continued to practise, and who is applying for a practising certificate for the current financial year after
1 April 500.00
Application by a registered psychologist for a practising certificate for a period of three months (or less) and who has not been practising at any other time during that financial year 200.00
Disciplinary levy (payable each financial year by all registered psychologists except:
- those who have not held and will not hold a current practising certificate at any time during that financial year, and
- practitioners currently registered in the Intern Psychologist scope of practice) 456.00
Certificate of registration 85.00
The supply to any psychologist of any documents, other than a certificate of registration, required for the purpose of seeking registration overseas 50.00
Copy of the Register of Psychologists 52.00
Fee for conducting an accreditation review of a degree, course of study, or programme leading to registration as a psychologist in New Zealand 8,940.003
Key to Annotation
1Practising certificate is an annual practising certificate or an interim practising certificate.
2The board’s financial year ends 31 March.
3Fee will be adjusted (at a rate of $100.00 per assessor per hour) if site visit exceeds three days and/or deficiencies are identified that require additional review.
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of January 2010.
STEVE OSBORNE, Chief Executive/Registrar, Psychologists Board.