Pursuant to sections 4, 62, 65, 142 and 143 of the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Act 2006, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title This notice is the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (Fees) Notice 2010.
2. Commencement This notice comes into force on 1 April 2010.
3. Fees The Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board ("the board") sets the following fees, payable to the board, specified in the attached Schedule. The fees set out in the Schedule are valid to the earlier of 30 June 2010 or the date of publication of a further New Zealand Gazette notice setting the fees.
4. Tax The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Fees Payable to the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board
A. Registration Fees $
(1) Fees to accompany applications for registration:
Registration as a licensed plumber 85.00
Registration as a certifying plumber 85.00
Registration as a licensed gasfitter 85.00
Registration as a certifying gasfitter 85.00
Registration as a licensed drainlayer 85.00
Registration as a certifying drainlayer 85.00
Fee for the issue of a certificate of registration 50.00
Fee for an addition or alteration to the Register 50.00
Fee for the restoration of a person’s name to the Register 85.00
Assessment of application from person under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 ("TTMRA") 85.00
Assessment for registration from overseas applicant other than under TTMRA 400.00
Practical Test of Workmanship for registration 3,200.00
(2) Registration fees are not refundable if an application is declined.
(3) The fee for the assessment of overseas applicant holders replaces the former fee for an application under the TTMRA.
B. Licence and Notification Fees $
(4) Fees for issue of an annual licence
Licensed plumber 155.00
Certifying plumber 155.00
Licensed gasfitter 155.00
Certifying gasfitter 155.00
Licensed drainlayer 155.00
Certifying drainlayer 155.00
Fee for issue of provisional licence 155.00
Fee for issue or renewal of limited certificate for each trade for a trainee NIL
Fee for application for an exemption (fixing of water heaters by gasfitters) NIL
Fee for application for an exemption (installing and maintaining particular sanitary plumbing equipment) 155.00
Fee for application for an exemption (person authorised to carry out or supervise gasfitting) 155.00
Fee for notification of an exemption for plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying under supervision under sections
19, 21 and 25 155.00
Fee for an employer licence or renewal of an employer licence 500.00
(5) Fees for notification of exemption holders under supervision are payable by the certifying gasfitter, plumber or drainlayer supervising that person.
C. Disciplinary Levy $
(6) Base disciplinary levy for each licence for each trade in 12-month period 50.00
(7) Any disciplinary levy is to be collected at the same time as the relevant licence fee.
D. Examination Fees $
(8) Examination fee for examinations 9192, 9193, 9194, 9195 and 9196 - for each examination 300.00
E. Re-audit Fees 135.00
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of March 2010.
KERN U’REN, Registrar, Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board.