Pursuant to Regulation 63 of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010, and acting under delegated authority
from the Chief Executive of the Ministry of Economic Development, I give the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Electricity (Safety Warning Sign) Notice 2010.
(2) This notice comes into force on 1 April 2010.
2. Safety warning sign-(1) This notice prescribes the safety warning sign (the "sign") that must be erected, by
a person carrying out prescribed electrical work on an installation, if there is a reasonable risk associated with the work of injury or damage to any person or property.
(2) The sign must be erected or affixed at each point to the premises at which the installation is located.
(3) The sign consists of the following symbol specified as Safety Sign W012: Warning; Electricity on page 11 of ISO 7010:2003 (Amendment 1:2006):
SCANNED SIGN HERE
Dated at Wellington this Thursday, the 25th day of March 2010.
SANJAI RAJ, Group Manager, Energy Safety, Business Services Branch, Ministry of Economic Development.
This note is not part of the notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect. This notice prescribes a public safety warning sign that must be placed at all entrances to premises where prescribed electrical installation work is being carried out.