Pursuant to sections 130(1) and 131 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Nurses (Fees) Notice 2009.
(2) The fees come into force from 28 May 2009.
2. Fees—(1) The Nursing Council of New Zealand (“the council”) sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the Schedule to this notice.
(2) Fees are non refundable.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Revocation—This notice will revoke the fees previously prescribed for these activities published in the New Zealand Gazette, 16 August 2007, No. 91, page 2415, on the date from which they are effective. It also provides for a fee for nurse entry to practice programmes.
A. EXAMINATION FEES $
Registered nurse and nurse assistant 150.00
Analysis of failed examination 77.00
B. FEES FOR EDUCATION PROGRAMMES1
Application for change of condition in scope of practice 175.00
Accreditation or monitoring audit of nurse entry to practice programme 2,720.00
Accreditation of post-graduate nursing programme 5,450.00
Accreditation of education institution/programme provider 6,600.00
Accreditation and monitoring audit of programme leading to registration as a registered nurse 10,820.00
Accreditation or monitoring audit of nurse assistant programme 3,550.00
Shortened monitoring audit of programme 3,260.00
Monitoring audit of post-graduate nursing programme 6,290.00
Recognition or monitoring audit of competence assessment programme 2,170.00
Key to annotation
1 When accrediting a new programme and a new provider both gazetted fees may be charged.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of April 2009.
CAROLYN REED, Registrar, Nursing Council of New Zealand.