Pursuant to sections 130–133 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
1. Title and Commencement—This notice may be cited as the Oral Health Practitioners’ (Fees) Amendment Notice 2009 (No. 1) and shall come into force on 16 April 2009.
(2) This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
2. Fees—The Dental Council of New Zealand sets the following fees payable to the council, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Fees Payable NZ$1
? For New Zealand qualified applicant 233.00
? By virtue of Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition (TTMR) applicant 406.00
? For overseas applicant with prescribed qualifications 579.00
? For applicant with non-prescribed qualifications applying under section 15(2) of the Act 1,837.00
? For applicant with non-prescribed specialist qualifications applying under section 15(2) of the Act 2,967.00
? Resubmission for Board Consideration under section 15(2) of the Act 1,770.00
? For applications for registration in an additional scope 198.00
? Request for Registration Advice 160.00
Annual Practising Certificates
? Dentists and dental specialists 700.00
? Dental hygienists and dental auxiliaries 595.00
? Orthodontic auxiliaries 375.00
? Dental therapists 632.00
? Dental technicians 600.00
? Clinical dental technicians 750.00
? Assessment of eligibility to enter the dental registration examination process 450.00
? Subsequent assessment of eligibility to enter the dental registration examination process 192.00
? Clinical Examinations
– Dentist 4,126.00
– Dentist resits 1,214.00
– Dental therapist 4,665.00
? Written Examinations
– Dental therapist 2,204.00
? Specialist Examinations
– Dentist 11,756.00
? Clinical/Written Combined Examinations
– Dental technician 2,339.00
? New Zealand Conditions of Practice (plus Courier Costs) 255.00
– New Zealand 8.35
– Australia 21.00
– United Kingdom 47.00
– India/South Africa 59.00
? Restoration to Register 135.00
? Supply of registration, good standing certificates or any other certificate signed by the Registrar 55.00
? Annual Register maintenance fee for non-practitioners 55.00
Key to Annotation
1Fees are calculated on a cost recovery basis.