Pursuant to section 97 of the Veterinarians Act 2005, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand ("council") sets out in this notice the fees to be charged by the council.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement (1) This notice may be cited as the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Notice 2010 and comes into force on the 28th day after its notification in this New Zealand Gazette.
(2) This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
2. Fees The council sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the Schedule below.
3. Tax The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Rebate The council retains the right to rebate the annual practising certificate fee by a specified amount for early payment by a specified date.
Fees Payable1 $
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FEES
Application for registration 247.50
Application for specialist registration 1,400.00
PRACTISING CERTIFICATE FEES
Annual practising certificate application fee for:2
- Full year 320.00
- July-September 296.00
- October-December 216.00
- January-March 136.00
VETERINARY REGISTRATION EXAMINATION FEES
Preliminary examination (Part I) (per attempt) 1,000.00
Written and oral/clinical examinations (per attempt) 5,000.00
Supplementary examination (per attempt, per supplementary examination) 500.00
Annual Register maintenance fee for non-practising veterinarians 56.25
Supply of registration certificates (or copies) or good standing letters or any other certificate or letter signed by the Registrar 25.00
Dated this 15th day of December 2009.
JANET EDEN, Registrar, Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
1Fees are calculated on a cost recovery basis.
2See also "Rebate" reference above.