Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment hereby gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Approval of Eastland Infrastructure Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2009.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation—In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires, “airport” has the meaning given to that term by section 2 of the Airport Authorities Act 1966.
3. Approval as a requiring authority—(1) Eastland Infrastructure Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991 in respect of the network utility operation described in subclause (2) of this clause.
(2) The particular network utility operation for which this approval is granted is for the establishment, improvement (including development and expansion), maintenance, operation and management of the airport known as Gisborne Airport.
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of October 2009.
HON DR NICK SMITH, Minister for the Environment.