Pursuant to section 188(6) of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment hereby gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement (1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Revocation of Taupo Orchid Society Incorporated as Heritage Protection Authority) Notice 2009.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Revocation of heritage protection authority
(1) Taupo Orchid Society Incorporated was approved on
5 October 1993 as a heritage protection authority for the purpose of protecting a 16 hectare (more or less) area of Pinus nigra forest comprising the south-eastern corner
of compartment 647 of the Kaingaroa State Forest.
(2) The heritage protection authority approval of the Taupo Orchid Society Incorporated* is hereby revoked under section 188(6) of the Resource Management Act 1991.
Dated at Wellington this 9th day of December 2009.
HON DR NICK SMITH, Minister for the Environment.
*New Zealand Gazette, 14 October 1993, No. 146, page 3005