Please note that a person may be discharged from bankruptcy after 3 years and a No Asset Procedure after 1 year. Please check the Insolvency Register on the Insolvency and Trustee Service website for the current status of a debtor.

Publication of bankruptcy adjudications and of debtors admitted to a No Asset Procedure changed in December 2018. From that time the Insolvency and Trustee Service has published all adjudications in the New Zealand Gazette by providing a link from the Gazette website to the Insolvency Register.

Other bankruptcy notices, including orders annulling or rescinding adjudications, can be found in the Insolvency and Trustee Services’ Public Notices.

Notice Type
Notice Title

In Bankruptcy

Notice of Order Prohibiting a Bankrupt Engaging in Business After Discharge
The following order was made in the Auckland High Court on 12 November 2009, that, pursuant to section 110(1)(b) of the Insolvency Act 1967, Campbell, Andrew Grant, formerly of 96 Mellons Bay Road, Howick, Auckland, is prohibited after discharge from doing the following things without the leave of the Court until 10 August 2011:
(a) Entering into or carrying on any business or class of business either alone or in partnership with any person; or
(b) being engaged in the management or control of any business carried on by or on behalf of, or being in the employment of, any of the following persons, namely, the bankrupt’s wife, a lineal ancestor or descendant of the bankrupt, the wife or husband
of such an ancestor or descendant, a brother of the bankrupt, the wife of such a brother, a sister of
the bankrupt, and the husband of such a sister; or
(c) acting as a director or taking part directly or indirectly in the management of any company or class of company.
The High Court also authorised the publication of these orders made in the New Zealand Gazette and the papers circulating in the area in which the bankrupt resides.
If you have any information that would assist, please contact the Insolvency and Trustee Service.
Insolvency and Trustee Service, Private Bag 3090, Hamilton 3240.
Enquiries to: Shane Brown. Telephone: (07) 957 5602.