Pursuant to section 25 of the Fire Service Act 1975, the
New Zealand Fire Service Commission gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. This notice may be cited as the New Zealand Fire Services Areas Notice 2009.
2. This notice comes into force on 1 February 2009.
3. This notice replaces all previous notices for Fire Areas for New Zealand.
Constitution of Fire Area
1. The Fire Regions listed in column 1 of the Schedule are divided into the constituted Fire Areas listed in column 2 of the Schedule.
2. The boundaries of the constituted Fire Areas listed in
the Schedule are defined and delineated on a map held
at New Zealand Fire Service, National Headquarters,
80 The Terrace, Wellington.
Fire Region Area No. Areas
Northland 1 Muri Whenua
Auckland 3 Waitemata
4 Auckland City
Bay–Waikato 6 Waikato
7 Eastern Waikato
8 Bay of Plenty Coast
9 Central Lakes
Eastern 10 Tairawhiti
11 Hawkes Bay
Western 12 Taranaki
Arapawa 15 Hutt–Wairarapa
Transalpine 18 West Coast
19 North Canterbury
20 Mid Canterbury
21 Christchurch Metro
22 South Canterbury
Southern 23 Central–North Otago
24 East Otago
Dated this 14th day of January 2009.
MIKE HALL, Chief Executive of the New Zealand
Fire Service (acting under delegated authority of the
New Zealand Fire Service Commission).