Pursuant to section 22 of the Veterinarians Act 2005, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand ("council") sets out in this notice the prescribed form for the Register of Veterinarians.
This notice may be cited as the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Prescribed Form of the Register of Veterinarians Notice 2007 and comes into force on the 28th day after its notification in this New Zealand Gazette.
This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
The following prescribed information is to be entered in the Register of Veterinarians in respect of each veterinarian:
1. The veterinarian's name.
2. Particulars of the qualifications by virtue of which the veterinarian is registered.
3. Additional qualifications approved by the council for entry on to the Register.
4. The registration status of the practitioner (full registration, limited registration, provisional registration or non practising)1.
5. The period of time for which veterinarians with limited or provisional registration are registered1.
6. Whether or not the veterinarian is registered as a specialist1.
7. Details of any conditions on practice1,2.
8. Whether the practitioner's registration or practising certificate is suspended and, if so, the following information1,2:
- the grounds for the suspension;
- the period of the suspension; and
- any conditions for termination of the suspension.
Dated this 2nd day of October 2007.
RON GIBSON, Chairperson, Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
1This information is required under section 22(2) of the Veterinarians Act 2005.
2Note: Section 22(4) of the Veterinarians Act 2005 states that publication is subject to any prohibition order made by the District Court under section 71.