Pursuant to section 97 of the Veterinarians Act 2005, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (“council”) sets out in this notice the fees to be charged by the council. This notice replaces the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Notice 20061 (published in the New Zealand Gazette, 23 March 2006, No. 27, page 738).
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Amendment Notice 2007 (No. 1) and comes into force on the 28th day after its notification in this New Zealand Gazette.
(2) This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
2. Fees—The council sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Rebate—The council retains the right to rebate the annual practising certificate fee by a specified amount for early payment. The council is under no obligation to accept a lower fee than the gazetted fee at any other time than that notified to veterinarians on the form for the application for a practising certificate.
Fees Payable2 $
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FEES
Application for registration 247.50
Application for specialist registration 1,400.00
PRACTISING CERTIFICATE FEES
Annual practising certificate (see also “Rebate” reference above) 275.62
Annual practising certificate for new Massey or overseas graduates who are eligible for registration at the end of their final year, the practising certificate being valid until 31 March the following year (this includes those who have successfully completed the New Zealand National Veterinary Examination or the Australian equivalent examination) 52.03
VETERINARY REGISTRATION EXAMINATION FEES (with effect from 1 January 2008)
Preliminary examination (Part I) (per attempt) 1,000.00
Written and oral/clinical examinations (per attempt) 4,000.00
Supplementary examination (per attempt, per supplementary examination) 500.00
Annual Register maintenance fee for non practising veterinarians 56.25
Supply of registration certificates (or copies) or good standing letters or any other certificate or letter signed by the Registrar 25.00
Dated this 2nd day of October 2007.
RON GIBSON, Chairperson, Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
1The only change to the fees contained in the 2006 notice is an increase in registration examination fees following a review of costs. The consultation requirements of section 99 of the Veterinarians Act 2005 were met.
2Fees are calculated on a cost recovery basis.