Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment hereby gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Approval of Rangitata Diversion Race Management Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2007.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Approval as requiring authority—(1) Rangitata Diversion Race Management Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, in respect of the particular project or work described in clause 3, being the Rangitata Diversion Race.
3. Rangitata Diversion Race—(1) The particular project or works for which this approval is granted is distribution (including associated diversion, intake, conveyance, storage and discharge) of water through the Rangitata Diversion Race, and associated operation, erection, installation, replacement, alteration, extension, removal and other use of land (within the meaning of section 9(4) of the Resource Management Act 1991) in respect of the distribution of water for supply (including irrigation).
(2) The Rangitata Diversion Race is the water race canal which commences at an intake on the Rangitata River at or about map reference NZMS 260 J36:678-144 and runs in an approximately north-easterly direction across the Canterbury Plains, crossing the South Hinds River at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:773-115, the North Hinds River at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:799-169, the south branch of the Ashburton River at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:819-192, Cave and Stevenson Streams at or about NZMS 260 K36:833-255, Bowyers Stream at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:844-256, Taylors Stream at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:883-256, the north branch of the Ashburton River at or about NZMS 260 K36:935-271 and Dry Creek at or about NZMS 260 K36:010-326, and terminating where it discharges water into the Rakaia River at or about map reference NZMS 260 K36:085-360.
Dated at Wellington this 5th day of December 2007.
HON. TREVOR MALLARD, Minister for the Environment.