Pursuant to section 124(1)(d) of the Social Security Act 1964, the Minister for Social Development and Employment establishes and approves the following amendment to the Employment Transition Programme (as established and approved on 23 June 2005*).
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of June 2007.
HON. DAVID BENSON-POPE, Minister for Social Development and Employment.
A m e n d m e n t
1. Title-This amendment is the Employment Transition Programme Amendment 2007.
2. Commencement-This amendment comes into effect on the day after the date on which it is published in the
New Zealand Gazette.
3. Programme amended-This amendment amends the Employment Transition Programme.
4. Interpretation-The definition of expiry date in clause 4(1) is revoked.
5. Employment transition assistance-Clause 6(1)(b) is revoked and the following substituted:
"(b) applies for assistance under this programme within 28 days after the cancellation of the benefit, if the benefit was cancelled on or after 1 July 2005."
6. Period of grant of assistance-Clause 8(3) is revoked.
7. Expiry-Clause 10 is revoked.
This note is not part of the amendment, but is intended to explain its general effect.
This amendment, which comes into effect on the day after the date on which it is published in the New Zealand Gazette, removes the expiry date provisions of the Employment Transition Programme.
*New Zealand Gazette, 30 June 2005, No. 100, page 2383