Pursuant to section 36 of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act 2000, the Minister of Energy gives the following notice:
The Minister of Energy proposes to mandate new or increased standards, or revisions or amendments to existing standards, for the energy performance of the products listed below.
If the proposals proceed, they will result in amendments to the Energy Efficiency (Energy Using Products) Regulations 2002.
- Beverage vending machines
- Close control air conditioners
- Clothes dryers - standby energy
- Clothes washing machines
- Commercial chillers
- Distribution transformers
- Gas water heaters
- Home entertainment products - standby power
- Ice makers and storage bins
- Lighting: Compact fluorescent lamps
- Lighting: General lighting service (incandescent lamps)
- Lighting: Halogen lamps - low voltage lamps and converters
- Lighting: Halogen lamps - mains powered
- Lighting: Luminaires for fluorescent lamps
- Personal computers and monitors
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Room air conditioners
- Standby power of electrical products
- Swimming pool pump motors
The proposals are part of the current Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) trans-Tasman work programme. The work programme is a key part of implementing the New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy.
For each proposal, consultation documents will be released to provide analysis of the costs and benefits for
New Zealand and, where applicable, Australia.
A period of public consultation of not less than 28 days will follow the release of each consultation document, during which submissions will be invited.
More information about each proposal - including consultation documents, dates for public meetings, and timelines for making a submission - will be available on the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) website
EECA will also notify stakeholders via its contact lists for each proposal, when the consultation document is available.
To be added to the contact list for a particular proposal, or to make other enquiries, please contact the products programme at EECA on 0800 358 676 or at email@example.com