Pursuant to section 170 of the Education Act 1989, the Minister for Tertiary Education gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. This notice may be cited as the Constitution of Tai Poutini Polytechnic Notice 2005.
2. This notice shall come into force on the day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
3. The Tai Poutini Polytechnic Council shall be constituted as follows:
(a) Four members appointed by the Minister of Education.
(b) The Chief Executive Officer of Tai Poutini Polytechnic.
(c) One permanent member of the academic staff of
Tai Poutini Polytechnic elected in consultation with the academic staff.
(d) One permanent member of the general staff of
Tai Poutini Polytechnic elected in consultation with the general staff.
(e) One member who is or has been a student of
Tai Poutini Polytechnic appointed in accordance with the constitution or rules of the students’ association.
(f) Two members appointed after consultation with
Te Runanga o Ngati Waewae and Te Runanga o Makaawhio.
(g) One member from the Buller District appointed
after public nomination.
(h) One member from the Grey District appointed after public nomination.
(i) One member from the Westland District appointed after public nomination.
(j) One member appointed in consultation with the
New Zealand Council of Trade Unions.
(k) One member appointed in consultation with the Canterbury Employers Chamber of Commerce.
Nominations for 3(g), (h), and (i) will be called for by
4. The term of office of members of the council, vacation of office, disclosure of members’ interest and casual vacancies are covered in sections 173–176 of the Education Act 1989. Subject to section 173, the maximum term for any member, other than the chief executive officer, shall be three consecutive four-year terms.
5. The powers of Tai Poutini Polytechnic Council shall
not be affected by vacancy in the membership thereof.
6. The following notices are revoked:
(a) Te Tai Poutini Polytechnic Notice 1990, New Zealand Gazette, 1 November 1990, No. 191, page 4180.
(b) Amendment to the Constitution of Te Tai
Poutini Polytechnic Notice, New Zealand Gazette, 22 February 2001, No. 20, page 392.
Dated at Wellington this 1st day of December 2005.
MICHAEL CULLEN, Minister for Tertiary Education.