Pursuant to Part 6, section 130 (1) of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
This notice sets out fees to be charged by the Midwifery Council under the Act from 13 October 2005.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Midwifery (Fees) Notice 2005.
(2) This notice comes into force on 13 October 2005.
2. Fees—The Midwifery Council sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax—The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
4. No refund—Fees are not refundable when an application is declined.
5. Revocation—This notice revokes Midwifery Fees Notices 1, 2, 3 and 4 of 2004*.
Fees Payable $
1. Application for entry to the Register by a New Zealand graduate 330.00
2. Application for entry to the Register by midwives registered in an overseas jurisdiction (not applicable to applicants applying pursuant to the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognitions Act 1997) 1,000.00
3. Application for entry to the Register by midwives pursuant to the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 660.00
4. Application for first practising certificate by a New Zealand graduate applying at the same time as entry to the Register:
For period from 1 April to 30 June inclusive 280.00
For period from 1 July to 30 September inclusive 210.50
For period from 1 October to 31 December inclusive 140.00
For period from 1 January to 31 March inclusive 70.00
5. Application by a New Zealand graduate for a practising certificate where the previous practising certificate was issued:
– immediately after entry to the Register; and
– in the immediately preceding period of between 1 January and 31 March 280.00
6. Application for all other practising certificates:
For period from 13 October 2005 to 31 December 2005 inclusive 225.00
For period from 1 January 2006 to 31 March 2006 inclusive 112.50
7. Application for all other practising certificates for the 2006/07 year and each succeeding year until further amendment:
For period from 1 April to 30 June inclusive 600.00
For period from 1 July to 30 September inclusive 450.00
For period from 1 October to 31 December inclusive 300.00
For period from 1 January to 31 March inclusive 150.00
8. Processing and monitoring fee to be paid in conjunction with application for a practising certificate by a registered midwife where the applicant has not held a midwifery practising certificate within the three years immediately preceding the date of application or has not lawfully practised midwifery within the threeyears immediately preceding the date of application 200.00
9. Processing and monitoring fee to be paid in conjunction with the first application for a practising certificate by an overseas qualified midwife or a midwife who has registered pursuant to the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 150.00
10. Processing and monitoring fee to be paid in conjunction with application for a practising certificate where the applicant has conditions on his/her scope of practice 150.00
11. Application to sit the National Midwifery Examination in New Zealand 245.00
12. Application to re-sit the National Midwifery Examination in New Zealand 245.00
13. Application to sit the National Midwifery Examination in any location in New Zealand other than the locations specified by the Midwifery Council in Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin; plus disbursements at cost 115.00
14. Application for re-consideration of National Midwifery Examination script and result 200.00
15. Application to sit the National Midwifery Examination in an overseas location; plus disbursements at cost 245.00
16. Application for change of midwifery scope of practice 100.00
17. Application for change of conditions on midwifery scope of practice and/or change of conditions on practising certificate 100.00
18. Fee for issue of certificate of standing or supply of documents required by midwife seeking registration in overseas jurisdiction 100.00
19. Fee for replacement practising certificate 25.00
20. Fee for issue of any other certificate or copy of any certificate 70.00
21. Fee for copy of the Register 50.00
22. Communication fee for registered midwives not holding a current practising certificate to be sent all communications sent by the Midwifery Council to registered midwives holding a current practising certificate 50.00
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of October 2005.
SUSAN YORKE, Registrar, Midwifery Council.
*New Zealand Gazette, 5 August 2004, No. 95, page 2400, New Zealand Gazette, 16 September 2004, No. 121, page 3018, New Zealand Gazette, 4 November 2004, No. 143, page 3601 and New Zealand Gazette, 16 December 2004, No. 166, page 4174