Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment hereby gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Approval of Central Plains Water Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2005.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Approval as requiring authority—Central Plains Water Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991,
in respect of the particular project or work described in clause 3, being the Central Plains Water Enhancement Scheme.
3. Central Plains Water Enhancement Scheme—
(1) The particular project or work for which this approval
is granted is distribution including associated intake, conveyance, storage and discharge for distribution of water for the purposes of irrigation in the central plains area; and associated:
(a) construction and operation, repair, maintenance and upgrading of roads; and
(b) operation, erection, installation, replacement, alteration, improvement, removal and other use of land (within the meaning of section 9 (4) of the Resource Management Act 1991) in respect of
the distribution of water for supply.
(2) The central plains area is the area between the Rakaia River to the south, State Highway No. 1 to the east, the Waimakariri River to the north and the Southern Alps to
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of November 2005.
DAVID BENSON-POPE, Minister for the Environment.