Pursuant to Part 6, section 130 (1) of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
This notice amends and adds to fee categories to be charged by the Midwifery Council under the Act, from the commencement of Part 6, section 130 (1) of the Act on 18 September 2004.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Midwifery (Fees) Notice 2004 No. 4.
(2) This notice comes into force on 18 September 2004.
2. Fees-The Midwifery Council amends and adds to the Midwifery (Fees) Notices 2004*, the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the attached Schedule.
3. Tax-The fees are inclusive of goods and services tax.
Fees Payable $
1. The fees published in Category 9 in the Midwifery Fees Notice 2004* are hereby repealed.
2. The following fees are in addition to those published in the Midwifery (Fees) Notice 2004*:
(a) Processing and monitoring fee for application for practising certificate by a registered midwife where the applicant has not held a midwifery practising certificate within the three years immediately preceding the date of application or has not lawfully practised midwifery within the three years immediately preceding the date of application 620.00
(b) Communication fee for registered midwives not holding a current practising certificate to be sent all communications sent from the Midwifery Council to registered midwives holding a current practising certificate (fee payable per annum) 50.00
3. The following fee amends and substitutes the fee published in Category 10 in the Midwifery (Fees) Notice 2004*:
Application for all other practising certificates from 1 April 2005:
Application date from 1 April to 30 June inclusive 450.00
Application date from 1 July to 30 September inclusive 337.50
Application date from 1 October to 31 December inclusive 225.00
Application date from 1 January to 31 March inclusive 112.50
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of December 2004.
SUSAN YORKE, Registrar, Midwifery Council.
*The above should be read in conjunction with the notices published in the New Zealand Gazette, 5 August 2004, page 2400, New Zealand Gazette, 16 September 2004, page 3018 and New Zealand Gazette, 4 November 2004, page 3601.