Pursuant to Section 33 of the Meat Board Act
In accordance with section 30 of the Meat Board Act 1997, the New Zealand Meat Board ("Board") has completed an amendment of the Quota Allowance Allocation Systems ("Allocation Systems") administered by the Board in respect of the European Union (EU) Sheepmeat and Goatmeat Tariff Rate Quota, (EU) High Quality Beef Tariff Rate Quota, and United States (US) Beef and Veal Tariff
The Board has approved amendments to New Entrant criteria provided for in the three Allocation Systems, a summary of which follows:
EU Sheepmeat and Goatmeat Tariff Rate Quota,
EU High Quality Beef Tariff Rate Quota, and US Beef and Veal Tariff Rate Quota
(1) The definition of "New Entrant" is amended in respect of a company that makes its first year application for a portion of Reserved Quota Allowance for the 2003 Quota Year or a subsequent Quota Year by removing the 25% shareholding provisions and requiring the applicant company to be genuinely independent of any holder of General or Reserved Quota Allowance during the three years prior to or during the applicable new entry period.
(2) The New Entrant Allowances Allocation System is amended to require the three-year business plan to include details of the applicant's full time staff and the functions of that staff.
(3) The criteria for allocations to New Entrants are specifically amended to satisfy the Board that the applicant is genuinely independent of any holder of General Quota or Reserved Quota Allowance by providing information:
? as to any association between the applicant and any holder of General or Reserved Quota Allowance;
? as to how the granting of Reserved Quota Allowance to the applicant may benefit any holder of General or Reserved Quota Allowance.
(4) The conditions to the allocation of Reserved
Quota Allowance are expanded so that Reserved Quota Allowance allocation is conditional on the applicant being a New Entrant at the commencement of and continuing to be at all times during the applicable New Entry Period, that all information contained in the application and/or supplied to the New Entrant Allowances Committee or the Board is true and correct and no relevant information was omitted, and for the applicant to comply with its three year business plan including the quantity of qualifying product to be processed and sold by it.
(5) Reserved Quota Allowance application forms are amended to include the amendments identified under points (1) to (4) above and to require a statutory declaration.
All amendments came in to effect as at 7 August 2002 and apply to Reserved Quota Allowance applications in respect of the 2003 Quota Year for the EU Sheepmeat and Goatmeat, and US Beef and Veal Tariff Rate Quotas (application closing date is 1 September 2002).
Full details of the amendments are available from the Board. Amended Quota Manuals for the Allocation Systems will be available from the Board and on Meat New Zealand's
web site at:
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of August 2002.
C. BRYAN, Acting Board Secretary, New Zealand Meat Board.