New Zealand Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2001
Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Approval of Radio
New Zealand Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2001.
(2) This notice comes into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Radiocommunication or telecommunication facility" means any line, cable, mast, pole, aerial, tower, antenna, dish, fixed radio station, radio apparatus, or other building, structure, facility or apparatus intended for, associated with, or ancillary to, radiocommunication or telecommunication;
(b) "Fixed radio station", "radio apparatus", "radiocommunication" and "telecommunication" have the same meanings as in section 2 (1) of the Telecommunications Act 1987;
(c) "Network" means the system of radiocommunication or telecommunication facilities which Radio
New Zealand Limited operates or uses, or may in future operate or use, for the purpose of
radiocommunication or telecommunication;
(d) "Predecessors" includes Broadcasting Corporation of New Zealand and New Zealand Public Radio Limited.
(2) In this notice, any reference to an enactment is deemed to include a reference to all subsequent enactments passed in amendment or substitution for that enactment.
3. Approval as requiring authority for network utility operation-(1) Radio New Zealand Limited is approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for the network utility operation described in subclause (2).
(2) The network utility operation is:
(a) the network of Radio New Zealand Limited, or any network of any of its predecessors, that Radio
New Zealand Limited operates or proposes to operate
for the purpose of radiocommunication or telecommunication, including any radiocommunication or telecommunication facility of Radio New Zealand Limited's network or of any network of any of its predecessors; and
(b) the operation, erection, installation, maintenance, replacement, alteration, improvement, removal and other use, including ancillary use, of land (within the meaning of section 9 (4) of the Resource Management Act 1991) for any such network.
Dated at Wellington this 31st day of January 2001.
PETE HODGSON, for the Minister for the Environment.