Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice:
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Resource Management (Approval of Telecom Mobile Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2001.
(2) This notice comes into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Telecommunication or radiocommunication facility" includes any line, cable, mast, pole, aerial, tower, antenna, dish, apparatus, or other building, structure, facility, or site intended for, associated with, or ancillary to, telecommunication or radiocommunication;
(b) "Radiocommunication" and "telecommunication" have the same meanings as in section 2 (1) of the Telecommunications Act 1987;
(c) "Network" means the system of telecommunication or radiocommunication facilities which Telecom Mobile Limited operates or uses, or may in future operate or use, for the purpose of telecommunication or radiocommunication;
(d) "Predecessors" includes Telecom New Zealand Limited, Telecom Corporation of New Zealand Limited, Telecom Mobile Communications Limited and Telecom New Zealand International Limited.
3. Approval as requiring authority-(1) Telecom Mobile Limited is approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for the network utility operation described in subclause (2), including projects or works of that network utility operation.
(2) The network utility operation is the operation, erection, installation, maintenance, alteration, removal, expansion and upgrading of the network or any component of the network which Telecom Mobile Limited operates, or proposes
to operate, for the purpose of telecommunication or radiocommunication, including the network of Telecom Mobile Limited, or any components of Telecom Mobile Limited's network previously operated by any predecessor.
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of September 2001.
MARIAN L. HOBBS, Minister for the Environment.