Pursuant to section 14 of the Fishing Industry Board Act 1963, the New Zealand Fishing Industry Board gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement?(1) This notice may be cited as the Amendment to the Fish Levy Notice 2000.
(2) This notice shall come into force on 1 January 2001.
2. Interpretation?(1) In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires?
"The Act" means the Fishing Industry Board Act 1963:
"Adjacent waters" means waters of the sea adjacent to New Zealand fisheries waters:
"Board" means the New Zealand Fishing Industry Board:
"Greenweight" means, in relation to fish, the weight of the fish before any processing commences and before any part is removed; and, in relation to processed fish, means the weight of the fish, in the state to which it has been processed, translated to the greenweight using the applicable conversion factor for the time being set or specified under section 188 of the Fisheries Act 1996:
"The regulations" means the Fish Levy Regulations 1976.
(2) Subject to subclause (3), every reference in this notice to the weight of fish shall be construed as a reference to the greenweight of the fish.
(3) Expressions not defined in this notice but defined in the Act or the regulations have, in this notice, the meanings so defined.
3. General levies on fish?(1) There shall be payable to the Board, by every wholesaler, in respect of all fish purchased by the wholesaler (otherwise than from another wholesaler), an amount equal to the sum of?
(a) The amount in respect of fishermen for each tonne or part of a tonne of fish purchased at the appropriate rate specified in Column A of the Schedule; and
(b) The amount in respect of wholesalers for each tonne or part of a tonne of fish purchased at the appropriate rate specified in Column B of the Schedule; and
(c) The amount in respect of retailers for each tonne or part of a tonne of fish purchased at the appropriate rate specified in Column C of the Schedule.
4. Goods and services tax?The levies prescribed by this notice are exclusive of goods and services tax.
5. Amendment?The notice entitled "Fish Levy Notice 2000" published on page 672 of the New Zealand Gazette of
23 March 2000 is consequentially amended.
General Levies on Fish
QMA Column A Fishermen ($/Tonne) Column B Wholesaler
($/Tonne) Column B Wholesaler
($/Tonne) Total Payable ($/Tonne)
ALB1 7.94 7.94 7.94 23.82
BNS1 12.64 12.64 12.64 37.92
BYX1 6.20 6.20 6.20 18.60
CDL1 1.80 1.80 1.80 5.40
FRO1 1.20 1.20 1.20 3.60
GUR1 8.53 8.53 8.53 25.59
GSH1 4.80 4.80 4.80 14.40
HPB1 15.76 15.76 15.76 47.28
JDO1 16.11 16.11 16.11 48.33
RBY1 2.40 2.40 2.40 7.20
SCH1 7.67 7.67 7.67 23.01
SKI1 9.48 9.48 9.48 28.44
SNA8 12.84 12.84 12.84 38.52
SPE1 4.52 4.52 4.52 13.56
TAR1 10.27 10.27 10.27 30.81
Dated at Auckland this 20th day of December 2000.
C. T. HORTON, Chairman, New Zealand Fishing Industry Board.