Pursuant to section 38 of the Securities Amendment Act 1988, the Securities Commission gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Authorised Futures Dealers Notice 2001.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
"The company" means Alliance Capital Management New Zealand Limited.
(2) Any term or expression that is not defined in this notice, but that is defined in the Securities Amendment Act 1988, has the meaning given to it by that Act.
3. Authorisation-(1) The company is hereby authorised to carry on the business of dealing in futures contracts generally.
(2) The authorisation is subject to the conditions that the company does not carry on the business of dealing in futures contracts except:
(a) as part of the business of the company as a funds manager; or
(b) as part of the duties and functions of the company as a trustee of any managed funds.
(3) This authorisation continues in force until it is revoked by the Commission.
Dated at Wellington this 28th day of March 2001.
The Common Seal of the Securities Commission was affixed in the presence of:
E. H. ABERNETHY, Chairman.