Pursuant to section 288 (1) (h) and (12) of the Customs and Excise Act 1996, the Chief Executive hereby makes the rules prescribing the forms for the making of applications for customs rulings and amends the Customs (Applications for Customs Rulings) Rules 1997.
1. Title and commencement-(1) These rules are the Customs (Applications for Customs Rulings) Amendment Rules 2000.
(2) In these rules, the Customs (Applications for Customs Rulings) 1997* are called "the principal rules".
(3) These rules come into force on the 28th day after the date of their publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Schedule amended-(1) The Schedule of the principal rules is amended by revoking form C7A and form C7B, and substituting form C7A and form C7B set out in the Schedule of these rules.
(2) Except to the extent amended by subrule (1) the principal rules shall remain in force.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of December 2000.
ROBIN DARE, Chief Executive.
Notice under section 288 (7) of the Act.
Copies of these rules are available for inspection in:
Auckland: The Customhouse, 50 Anzac Avenue, Auckland City.
Wellington: The Customhouse, 17-21 Whitmore Street, Wellington.
Christchurch: The Customhouse, Drury Street, Christchurch Airport.
Dunedin: The Customhouse, 470 Moray Place, Dunedin.
Copies of these rules may be purchased from: Publications, New Zealand Customs Service, Private Bag, 1928, Dunedin.