Please note that a person may be discharged from bankruptcy after 3 years and a No Asset Procedure after 1 year. Please check the Insolvency Register on the Insolvency and Trustee Service website for the current status of a debtor.

Publication of bankruptcy adjudications and of debtors admitted to a No Asset Procedure changed in December 2018. From that time the Insolvency and Trustee Service has published all adjudications in the New Zealand Gazette by providing a link from the Gazette website to the Insolvency Register.

Other bankruptcy notices, including orders annulling or rescinding adjudications, can be found in the Insolvency and Trustee Services’ Public Notices.

Notice Type
Notice Title

Notice of Public Examination of a Bankrupt

Take notice that Andrew Nicholas Holdgate, a bankrupt of Auckland, has been required by the Official Assignee at Hamilton to attend before the High Court at Auckland on Monday, the 30th day of October 2000 at 2.15 p.m., to be publicly examined concerning his discharge in accordance with section 109 (2) of the Insolvency Act 1967.
Any creditor who intends to oppose the discharge of the bankrupt on grounds other than those mentioned in the assignee's report must give notice of his intended opposition, setting out the grounds thereof, to the assignee and to the bankrupt no less than 3 working days before the time fixed for the hearing.
Within 7 days of the date on which the public examination is to be held, the assignee must file in the High Court at Auckland a full report on the estate and the conduct of the bankrupt and on all other matters with which it is desirable for the purposes of the Insolvency Act that the court should be acquainted.
The assignee or any creditor who has proved his claim or the counsel for the assignee or for any creditor who has provided his claim may, without notice to the bankrupt, examine him at the public examination.
Dated at Hamilton this 20th day of October 2000.
New Zealand Insolvency and Trustee Service, Private
Bag 3090, Hamilton. Telephone: (07) 957 5600. Facsimile: (07) 957 5561.