Pursuant to section 38 of the Securities Amendment Act 1988, the Securities Commission gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Authorised Futures Dealers Notice (No. 2) 2000.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
"Act" means the Securities Amendment Act 1988;
"Exchange" means the New Zealand Futures and Options Exchange Limited;
"The company" means Tricom Futures Services Pty Limited (ACN 001 255 116).
(2) Any term or expression that is not defined in this notice, but that is defined in the Act, has the meaning given to it by the Act.
3. Authorisation-(1) The company is authorised to carry on the business of dealing in futures contracts generally.
(2) The authorisation is subject to the conditions that:
(a) the company is a public broker within the meaning of the rules of the Exchange; and
(b) the company is bound by the rules of the Exchange; and
(c) the authorisation applies in respect of futures contracts made on or effected through the Exchange or a futures exchange in a country other than
New Zealand which is authorised by the laws of that country to operate as a futures exchange.
(3) This authorisation continues in force until it is revoked by the Commission.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of August 2000.
The Common Seal of the Securities Commission was affixed in the presence of:
E. H. ABERNETHY, Chairman.