- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Broadening Definitions of Generating Unit and Intermittent Generating Station) 2020 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 20 March 2020.
- The amendment makes changes to Parts 1 and 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to allow new generating technologies to participate in the electricity spot market and ancillary service markets regulated by the Code.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of February 2020.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.