In accordance with section 15 of the Burial and Cremation Act 1964 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
- I declare service:
Solomon Islands – The geographic area of the Solomon Islands includes all of the sovereign territory of islands and features of the Main Group (New Georgia), Rennell-Bellona-Indispensible Reef Atoll, Ontong Java, Duff Islands and Santa Cruz archipelagos, inclusive of the archipelagic waters enclosed by the baselines defined in the 1978 Delimitation of Marine Waters Act, No. 32. The geographic area also includes the 12nm territorial sea extending from baselines defined in the Delimitation of Marine Waters Act, No. 32 of 1978.
- in the Solomon Islands as defined, from 1 April 2000 up to and including 31 July 2019, to be operational service for the purposes of the Act.
- I declare that the declaration for service in the Solomon Islands supersedes:
This entitles any member of the New Zealand Defence Force covered by this declaration (and their spouse, civil union partner or de facto partner) to have their remains buried in the part of any cemetery set aside by a local authority for the burial of:
- the declaration made on 4 March 2010 for service in the Solomon Islands from 2000 to 2002.
Members of other Commonwealth Forces who have undertaken the same operational service and their spouses, civil union partners or de facto partners may also be interred.
As required by the Act, consultation occurred prior to the making of this declaration.
- members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service; and
- the spouses, civil union partners, and de facto partners of members of Her Majesty’s Forces that have undertaken operational service.
Dated this 29th day of October 2019.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.