Pursuant to clause 18 of Schedule 1 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister of Education gives the following notice.
- This notice may be cited as the Constitution of the Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki Council Notice 2019.
- This notice comes into force on 24 October 2019.
- From 24 October 2019, the Council of the Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki comprises 10 members.
- The Council of the Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki shall be constituted as follows:
- Four members are appointed by the Minister of Education; and
- Six members are appointed by the Council, of whom–
- at least one member appointed by the Council will be a permanent member of the general or teaching staff who has been elected by the permanent general and teaching staff to represent them; and
- at least one member will be an enrolled student who has been elected by the student body to represent them.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the Education Act 1989 and the Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki Council Statute in force at the time.
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of November 2019.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.