In accordance with section 90(5) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives the following notice.
1. Principal exemption and commencement
(1) This notice amends the exemption granted by the Authority on 7 October 2017*, under section 90(1)(b) of the Act, entitled “Exemption Under Section 90(1)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 in Connection With Expansion of Ngawha Springs Generation Plant” (“principal exemption”).
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Amendments to principal exemption
(1) Replace clause 2(a) of the principal exemption with:
“a. This exemption applies in relation to the expansion of Ngawha Springs Power Station up to a nameplate capacity of 75MW.”
(2) Replace clause 2(e) of the principal exemption with:
“e. The exemption applies until the close of 31 July 2052.”
Dated at Wellington this 11th day of November 2019.
For and on Behalf of the Electricity Authority:
THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair.